Commercial Property and Business
< Back to menu
If you have a leasehold flat or house you may want to take advantage of the Leasehold Reform Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 which enables you to extend the term of your lease.
Indeed, if the term of your lease has less than 80 years to run, you may have to use the procedure under the above Act to be able to sell your property or mortgage it. Our team has experience on the strict time limits and regulations that have to be followed in extending your lease to make sure you secure the lease extension you require. We are also familiar with strategies employed by some landlords who try to frustrate the process.
You will need a professional valuer experienced in valuing leasehold properties – we can introduce you to the experts in this field.
We are on hand to help and advise through the whole process and to make sure you succeed in extending your lease, making your property saleable, mortgageable and attractive in the leasehold market.
We can help with:
- Extending the term of your property lease
- Obtaining a professional valuer experienced in valuing leasehold properties
- Making your property saleable as a leasehold
- Making your property mortgageable as a leasehold
Residential Conveyancing Team
Who we are
Latest posts by Guest Walker (see all)
- Charity of the year 2020 - January 9, 2020
- Is there a survivorship clause in your Will.Do you really want one? - December 5, 2019
- Solicitor – Private Client – York - November 25, 2019