Following the recent budget announcement, if you, and anyone else you’re buying with, are first time buyers of a residential property you can now claim relief on purchases:
- made on or after 22 November 2017
- where the purchase price is no more than £500,000
You will pay:
- 0% on the first £300,000
- 5% on the remainder up to £500,000. Further guidance about Stamp Duty Land Tax: relief for first time buyers is available online.
- If the purchase price is more than £500,000 you can’t claim the relief and must pay the standard rates on the total purchase price.
- Assistant Legal Cashier - June 24, 2022
- STEP member: what is it and what are the benefits? - May 16, 2022
- Accredited British Institute of Innkeeping Advisor - May 5, 2022