Wills & Probate
It makes sense to make a Will and at Guest Walker & Co here in York, we can help prepare one to suit your exact needs. Whilst they can be a difficult subject to deal with, Wills are vital in helping to avoid family disputes and possible court action after your death. They can also prevent the payment of unnecessary inheritance tax, which can significantly reduce the value of your estate, and help avoid unnecessary tax liability arising on the death of a home owner.
We can help you with:
- Drafting a new or altering an existing will
- Acting as professional trustees for beneficiaries including children
- Living Wills and lasting Powers of Attorney
- Appointment of professional executors where appropriate
- Tax advice and planning
Most straightforward Wills can be carried out on a fixed fee basis.
Please feel free to telephone Christine Pick to book in for an appointment.
Dealing with all the legal and other formalities when someone has died can be a hard burden to bear. In recent years probate formalities have been greatly simplified and in many cases it is not necessary to employ the services of a solicitor or other professional to administer the estate.
We will advise you whether you might be able to administer the estate yourself and if so, how to go about it. If you are unable or would prefer not to deal with the process of administration, we can deal with all the paperwork and the financial and related matters on your behalf.
We understand that this can be a very difficult time for you, and whichever route you choose, we will do all we can to assist.
We can help with:
- Administration of the estate (whether a Will has been left or not)
- Assisting with funeral arrangements
- Asset distribution including property transfers, share transfers and estate valuations
Our fees are a standard combination of hourly rates and percentages based on the value of your estate.
For further information contact our Wills and Probate specialist in York:
Christine is our wills and probate specialist