John is senior director of the business and has well over 30 years’ experience in property matters. After university at Cambridge and training at a large commercial practice in Lincoln, John joined the firm in 1983 and became a partner in 1984. He leads the commercial property team and has a wide range of experience across a number of areas, ranging from the sale of corner shop businesses to major casino developments. He specialises in:-
- Commercial conveyancing (including land and estate development)
- Commercial and residential landlord and tenant matters (including leases, tenancy agreements, leasehold enfranchisement and possession proceedings)
- Licensing for all types of premises, including casinos, pubs, restaurants, amusement arcades and betting shops
- Sales and purchases of businesses and buildings of all kinds (both let out and with vacant possession)
- Property advice in relation to Self Invested Personal Pension plans (SIPPs) and Small Self Administered Schemes (SSASs)
- Formation of partnerships and limited companies
- Management companies
- Lease renewals for pubs and other businesses
More about me…
- What has been your proudest moment at work?
Our party to celebrate 30 years of Guest Walker & Co
- Name three things you enjoy about being part of the firm.
a) Working in the city centre with a lot of very nice, honest, hard-working, reliable people.
- b) The personal relationships that everyone at Guest Walker & Co develops with our clients.
- c) The team ethic whereby people really care about the business and each other.
- Who is your hero?
Richard Whiting (Hull FC)
- Radio 1 or Radio 4?
- What is the most flattering thing a client has told you?
“You’re a *$%*@*& good solicitor”