Helen joined the firm as a full-time Consultant in 2008 and is now a director. She has over 30 years’ experience in the field of commercial property. During her legal career, Helen has worked in several large commercial practices, reaching partner status and is well known and respected within the local legal community. Helen has acted for the City of York Council in a number of high profile transactions, a national estate agency chain on their property portfolio in England and Wales, various lending institutions with complex lending requirements and landowners on large agricultural disposals and acquisitions. She specialises in:-
- Advising developers in relation to commercial development and associated construction issues.
- Secured lending.
- Property advice in relation to Self Invested Personal Pension plans (SIPPs) and Small Self Administered Schemes (SSASs)
- Commercial landlord and tenant matters including the setting up and management of large commercial centres or developments.
- Advising developers on the acquisition of land for residential development and associated planning and development issues.
- Sales and purchases of businesses
More about me…
- What 3 qualities should a lawyer have?
Integrity, grittiness and commercial awareness
- What would you look for in a lawyer and why? (if you had to choose one)
Excellent communication skills – essential to win over the other side
- Who would you like to meet and why?
Colin Firth as Darcy – the “why” is obvious
- Please tell us your perfect dinner guests
George Clooney, Martin Shaw, Clare Balding, Dr Zhivago (before he became manky) and Colin Firth in jodpurs
- Who would you be if you could be a fictional character?